lunes, 30 de marzo de 2020

October at CEIP Antonio Rodríguez Almodóvar

October at CEIP Antonio Rodríguez Almodóvar



A whole month working as an English Language Assistant at CEIP Antonio Rodríguez Almodóvar has flown by. My name is Daniella and I am 23, from the United Kingdom and currently teaching English at CEIP. I am in science classes teaching science in English, which I love because the students get to practice their English through their science learning. I think I am the first British language assistant that the school has had, so I am looking forward to bringing some British culture into the classroom. This brings me to one of the most exciting days so far at school… Halloween!

Halloween at CEIP
It was so amazing to see Halloween celebrated at CEIP by all the teachers and students. I was blown away by the costumes. Halloween originated in Scotland and Ireland so it was a great festivity to intertwine with some British cultural history!

First Impressions of English & Intentions
I have been so impressed by the high level of English across the year groups! The first step to learning a new language is motivation and to be motivated the children need to be excited and confident. I hope I can make the students have fun with their English learning and not worry about making mistakes (as that is how we learn after all).

Science
With 1A and 1B we have been learning about the body in science, which is a great excuse to get the kids up and active. We have been playing games where we say the name of a part of the body and then the student has to touch that part. They love it! And it is even better when they tell each other a body part and practise their English.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario